Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Ordination of 12 Catholic Priests in Washington DC

As many of you know, on Saturday May 27, the Archdiocese of Washington DC ordained 12 new priests. Two of these guys, Fr. Greg Shaffer and Fr. Larry Swink, served at St. Martin's.

It was an incredibly moving experience to witness this ceremony and attend their first Masses. For those that are interested, I have included this 12 minute video stream that highlights some of the moments of the Mass.


On a personal note, Fr. Larry and Fr. Greg have been huge influences in my life. Without Fr. Greg's witness talk at the very first Men of Emmaus meeting, I don't know that I would have come this far this fast in my personal conversion. More on this later...

4 Comments:

At Wed May 31, 05:09:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely documented Ty. I've never attended an ordination before, maybe at this Saturdays meeting you and the other men whom attended can talk more about the experience.

RV

 
At Wed May 31, 05:51:00 PM 2006, Blogger luisgorres said...

Great Job TY. I enjoyed it. Again! You got all the highlights. Now I regeret not bringing my video camera

 
At Wed May 31, 05:51:00 PM 2006, Blogger luisgorres said...

Great Job TY. I enjoyed it. Again! You got all the highlights. Now I regeret not bringing my video camera

 
At Thu Jun 01, 10:08:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job Ty! Too bad you didn't get him high fiving everybody.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter